Back To All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Coinbase is to build an open financial system for the world. Our legal team works on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge questions in the global financial services sector and we are looking for an exceptional regulatory lawyer to join us.
You will serve as Coinbase’s lead financial services regulatory lawyer, representing the company in a variety of matters before state banking departments, federal banking and consumer protection agencies, their foreign equivalents, and our banking partners. In this role, you will counsel the business, product, and executive teams of the company and its international affiliates as we navigate the complex regulatory environment in dozens of countries where we operate.
- Represent Coinbase on a wide range of topics before regulators, banking partners, policy makers, and others.
- Counsel the business, product, and risk teams on a wide range of financial services, consumer protection, and data privacy regulations that may impact our business and planned future products.
- Lead the company in developing best practices for regulatory compliance matters.
- Assist in developing policy and government affairs initiatives.
- Substantial experience providing timely, concise, and pragmatic legal advice to financial services clients on regulatory matters, including the practical interpretation of federal and state consumer financial laws and regulations, data privacy laws, consumer protection laws, especially as applied to licensed money transmitters.
- Advise on new rules and enforcement trends involving state banking departments, FinCEN, the CFPB, and other federal agencies relating to virtual currency businesses.
- Extensive experience engaging directly with financial services regulators in the U.S. and internationally on behalf of financial institution clients.
- Experience working in a financial institution, financial services regulatory agency, or a sophisticated regulatory practice within a major law firms.
- Knowledge of major payment network rules and processes, including the ACH system and card networks.
- Excellent worth ethic, great judgment, and abundant positive energy and good cheer.
- A passion for building the foundation of financial technology and working on some very new stuff!
What to send
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of the toughest challenge you’ve resolved as a lawyer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field