Back To All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase’s mission is to create an open financial system for the world and we believe that requires us to have a best of breed infrastructure to connect that to the world today. We’ve invested in an environment that emphasizes developer productivity alongside uncompromising security and we’re scaling fast. The infrastructure manager is responsible for the bright minds building our bridge to this open world.
Our infrastructure team strives to provide usable self-service tooling with guardrails that empower engineers to rapidly develop, monitor, and optimize services through low-risk deployment pipelines. We’re the largest engineering team at Coinbase and power over 100 separate services with a fully containerized, codified and immutable environment. You would help us continue to scale without compromising our quality or culture.
Some of the Team’s Work
- Turn otherwise calcifying rules into automated or codified tools emphasizing velocity
- Work closely with the security team to make sure our designs are foundationally safe
- Shepherd the sprint process for a senior self-organizing team
- Work with our technical leaders to ensure we’re building tools that our engineers need
- Continue to grow a senior team that scales with Coinbase
- Identify inefficiencies, frustrations or bureaucratic processes and prioritize tools that streamline
- Encourage the team to invent solutions to novel problems while avoiding undue reinvention
- Expand a flat culture of transparency, self-reflection and collaboration.
- Identify blockers and make the right connections to keep the team humming
- Work across many organizations to address unique legal, compliance and regulatory hurdles
- Set a high bar for engineering excellence
- Emphasize self-service and build thoroughly usable systems over manual processes
- Experience working in and managing a team planning with Scrum
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment and effectively prioritize
- Understanding of cloud computing and cloud-first environments
- Working knowledge of common open source infrastructure tools
- A bias for action and ability to separate good from perfect
- Ability to extract and present data from disparate sources to encourage data driven decisions
What to send
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
- A brief answer to the following question: How does your ideal devops team collaborate with product teams?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field