Back To All Jobs
Partner Engineer - API
San Francisco, CA
Partner Engineering is critical to the success of the Coinbase API. As the primary technical liaison between Coinbase and third party developers, Partner Engineers are the expert technical facilitators for 3rd party integrations, and also the external voices of the API team. Given their clear understanding of developer needs, they also help scope, prioritize, and build our developer tools. Partner Engineers are developers first. They write high quality code and are experienced in API design and implementation. They also are adept at communicating technical principles in simple and straightforward language, and enjoy solving problems with both internal and external parties.
- Support developers in implementing Coinbase APIs, libraries and SDKs.
- Represent developers as their champion within the Coinbase product teams, translating developer needs into new features and capabilities.
- Continually expand tools, demo materials and technologies to reduce integration times, and improve the quality and value of developer integrations.
- Author developer documentation, reference implementations, and other educational content to help developers get started
- Manage rollout of new developer features and other initiatives requiring timely coordination between Coinbase’s internal teams and developers
- Contribute to the development of and participate in hackathons, conferences and other developer-oriented events
- 2+ years of relevant partner engineering, developer relations engineering, or other externally-facing engineering experience, ideally having supported open APIs
- 5+ years overall work experience
- You know what a good API looks like and ideally, you’ve built one.
- You have strong experience developing and maintaining relationships with developers.
- You have been recognized by others for excellent technical writing and speaking skills and a knack for organizing technical content. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have a problem-solving attitude. When things break, you are excited to get them fixed.
- You’re passionate about Bitcoin and the problem we are solving
What to send
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow/Portfolio/something awesome you've built that you’re proud of
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
- Cover letter
- A brief answer to the following question: What is the first thing you’d like to build at Coinbase?
In case you are wondering what technologies we use at Coinbase, we’re built using a combination of Ruby, Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Swift (for iOS), and Java (for Android). Prior experience with these exact languages/technologies is not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field