COINBASE MRBEAST SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, TRANSACTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT
INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING HAWAII), THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AND THE UNITED KINGDOM (ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES AND NORTHERN IRELAND).
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY U.S. LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Coinbase, MrBeast Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Hawaii), the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), who are at least 18 years of age or older and the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (an eligible “Entrant”). Coinbase, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), MrBeast, Marden-Kane Inc. (the “Administrator”), their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. Also not eligible to participate are persons identified as “Blocked Persons” or persons subject to applicable sanctions prohibitions, including, without limitation, those persons listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List. For purposes of this Promotion, the term “family member” is defined as spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, in-law, grandparent, child, or grandchild. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, national, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Participants must comply with these Official Rules and the Conditions of Entry. Determination of compliance will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/Administrator.
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on August 31, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. (start of day) Pacific Time ("PT"), ends on September 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer systems or that of their designee is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: There is no purchase, transaction or payment necessary to enter. You may enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter only, as further described below. No other method of entry will be accepted.
If you aren’t already, you must be a follower of @coinbase (“Sponsor’s Official Twitter Account”) (@coinbase) and @MrBeast (“MrBeast Twitter Account”).
Your Twitter account must be set to “public”.
You can “unfollow” @coinbase and @mrbeast and set your Twitter account to “private” any time after the winner announcement.
Follow the directions in a prompt tweet (“Prompt Tweet”) from @MrBeast or from @coinbase to be entered. A Prompt Tweet may include (but not limited to) the sweepstake’s name, how to enter, the entry deadline, a comment/post from the Sponsor, the sweepstakes hashtag, the prize/value and Sponsor’s information. All information contained in a Prompt Tweet is incorporated herein by reference.
From your Twitter account and prior to the end of the Promotion Period, comment on one Prompt Tweet (“Entry Tweet” or “Entry”) along with the hashtag #CoinBeastSweepstakes which complies with the instructions specified in a Prompt Tweet and these Official Rules to receive one (1) Entry. Commenting on more than one Prompt Tweet will not result in more than one (1) Entry.
If you do not have a Twitter account, you may register for one, for free, at www.twitter.com. Data and usage rates may apply to download and use of the Twitter mobile application; therefore, you may be charged for standard data rates according to the terms and conditions in your agreement with your wireless carrier. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions. The time of receipt of any Entry Tweet shall be the time such Entry is made available to Sponsor via the Twitter platform. Any entries that are removed or hidden prior to the winner announcement are void. Failure to follow any Sweepstakes instructions provided by the MrBeast Twitter Account, the Sponsor’s Official Twitter Account, or these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
4. Entry Limitations: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address/Twitter account. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void, and that person may be disqualified from entry and/or winning. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
The person submitting the Entry must be the authorized account holder of said Twitter account, otherwise the Entry may be deemed void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used for Entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Twitter account. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the applicable Twitter account. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of delivery of Entry. Multiple accounts may not be used, and anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants irrevocably grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, agents and licensees, and MrBeast, the royalty-free right and permission to unconditionally reproduce, store, transmit, publish, display, use or reuse your name, photo, and prize information, as well as any other information or materials arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes for advertising, promotional, commercial, publicity and/or any other purposes (without limitation), in any and all media now or hereafter known, in any language, throughout the world, where legally permissible, and in any manner without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation of Entrant unless prohibited by law. By participating, Entrants further release Sponsor from any future claims arising out of any use or disclosure of Entrants’ participation consistent with these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants acknowledge and agree that Entrants will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for participation or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules, whether chosen as a winner or not. Entrants further agree that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Guidelines and Content Restrictions
The Entry must not include any private information such as address, phone number or email address;
The Entry must be in English and include the required hashtag;
The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights;
The Entry must not disparage or embarrass Sponsor, their respective owners and employees, or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes.
The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
The Entry must not contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, pornography, adult-oriented content, or any other sexually explicit material;
The Entry must not contain anything that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
Entry must not in any other way violate applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws and regulations; and must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified.
5. Random Drawing (Prize Draw in the UK): One (1) Potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received on or about September 8, 2021. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator at their offices in Syosset, NY, USA, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Potential Winner Notification: Potential winner will be contacted via direct message (“DM”) from Sponsor’s official Twitter account to the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim their prize and will be required to respond to such DM within 48 hours of date/time DM was sent by Sponsor (the “Prize Notification”). Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, a Publicity Release (where legal) and/or any other document needed to validate eligibility (the “Documents”) within five (5) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of first attempted delivery of said Documents. In the event a Potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the DM within the allotted time, refuses the prize, fails or refuses to timely return completed Documents, or if a prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Potential winner will be disqualified without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any failure by the potential Winner to accept the prize for any reason. Post verification and validation, the confirmed winner’s first name/city/state will be announced on Sponsor’s Official Twitter page.
If the Potential winner is a resident of Canada, he or she will be required to correctly answer a skill-based test question within a limited time-period, to be administered via DM and/or email, in order to be eligible to receive his or her prize. Not providing the answer within the required time period, providing an incorrect or incomplete answer or noncompliance with the terms of administration of the test question will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate winner being selected.
NOTE: To claim the prize in this Sweepstakes, the Potential winner will be required to create a Coinbase account (free to create an account) if they do not already hold a Coinbase account. Winner must have an active Coinbase account at the time of awarding the prize. A potential winner that does not create a new Coinbase account, or provide details of their existing Coinbase account, within the time specified in their prize notification, will forfeit the prize. Creating an account will require the collection of personal information for identity verification purposes (including a valid and current driver’s license or state/photo ID, tax ID number, and completion of a set of identity-verification questions). If a winner sells the Bitcoin, the winner will need to link a bank account (or utilize another fiat withdrawal mechanism, as available in their jurisdiction) to withdraw fiat. A potential winner that does not create a Coinbase account and/or if their Coinbase account is not validated and in good-standing as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
7. Prize and Prize Restrictions: There is one (1) prize offered in the Sweepstakes. The confirmed Winner will receive One Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars ($100,000) in Bitcoin. Estimated total retail value of the prize offered is approximately $100,000 USD or the local currency equivalent in winner’s jurisdiction of residence, based on the current conversion rate at time of award.
The Winner may elect to receive their prize in their local currency instead of Bitcoin. The prize will be fulfilled via an upload of Bitcoin (or local currency, as applicable) to the confirmed winner’s Coinbase account. Restrictions may apply. Fees apply when you buy and sell digital currency on the Coinbase site. Cryptocurrency conversions from Bitcoin to local currency are treated as cryptocurrency “sales”, and all the forgoing transactions are charged a spread and a Coinbase Fee as described in the Coinbase pricing and fee disclosures at https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/trading-and-funding/pricing-and-fees/fees.html. Value of the Bitcoin prize determined by Sponsor’s set rate on a date and time selected by Sponsor at its discretion prior to upload of prize to winner’s Coinbase account. If there is any restriction to receiving the prize offered in the country of the Winner, an alternate prize may be provided.
DISCLOSURE: THE VALUE OF BITCOIN IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, IT CAN GO UP OR DOWN AND THERE CAN BE A SUBSTANTIAL RISK THAT THE PRIZE COULD LOSE VALUE (POSSIBLY ALL VALUE) AS A RESULT OF BUYING, SELLING, OR HOLDING BITCOIN.
Prize will be fulfilled within approximately 4 weeks of winner verification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in the user's account to receive an email. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures and applicable deadlines for responding in connection with the selection of any alternate winner. If a prize is legitimately claimed it will be awarded. Upon prize forfeiture or inability to use a prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that participant.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right where lawful to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prize consists of only the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize. In no event will more than one (1) prize be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for any/all applicable federal, state, local taxes and other tax liabilities (including income and withholding taxes) and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. Prize details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, damaged or stolen prize or prize component or any prize that is undeliverable. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor is subject to U.S. economic restrictions and trade sanctions; as such, Sponsor reserves the right to deny distribution of any prize when required by applicable law. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any costs associated with claiming or seeking to claim a prize, or using a prize.
8. Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize (including income and withholding taxes) as required by their jurisdiction of residence; provided, however, Sponsor may withhold applicable any taxes as required by law. Winner will be subject to an onboarding verification process and is required to provide any requested tax reporting information (where applicable, such as IRS Forms W-9 or W-8BEN) before any prize is awarded including name, date of birth, address, phone numbers and social security number or taxpayer identification number. If the winner is a resident of the U.S.: The value of the prize awarded to the winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Winner is required to notify the Sponsor if any information provided hereunder changes, including the winner's address. The Potential winner should consult their accountant or tax professional to determine tax implications in accepting and using (including conducting transactions of) any Prize.
9. Release: Entrants/winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy) arising out of or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance/receipt/use or misuse of any prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, the Administrator and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, likeness, photograph and/or hometown and state for advertising and trade without further compensation, in any media, worldwide, unless prohibited by law.
10. General: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail, misdirected email, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, malfunctions, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete, faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud, human error, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion; or if a virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is so cancelled or modified, Sponsor may award the prize from among all eligible participants prior to such action and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize Winner.
11. Disputes: Unless the laws applicable based on the entrant’s domicile provide otherwise, as a condition of participating in the Promotion, you, Sponsor, and Administrator agree that the following disputes, claims, and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, by binding and confidential arbitration:
Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or related to this Promotion, including any dispute, claim, or cause of action relating to the prize awarded in this Promotion; and,
any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or related to the interpretation or application of this arbitration provision, including the enforceability, revocability, scope, or validity of this arbitration provision.
Such Arbitration shall be administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) and shall take place remotely using Google Meet (or some other video conference service agreed to by the you, Sponsor, and Administrator) or shall take place in person at JAMS’s San Francisco office, which is located at 2 Embarcadero Center Suite 1500, San Francisco, CA 94111, unless governing law or an applicable JAMS Rule or Standard requires the selection of a different location. To the extent permitted by law, the prevailing party in any action to enforce this arbitration provision shall be entitled to its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
You, Sponsor, and Administrator agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern the Promotion and any dispute, claim, or cause of action arising out of or related to Promotion, except to the extent governed by United States federal law.
12. Limitation of Liability: TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, OR THEIR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, JOINT VENTURERS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN (A) THE HIGHEST VALUE OF ANY PRIZE OFFERED IN THIS PROMOTION, OR (B) ANY LOST PROFITS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, INTANGIBLE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT A FINAL JUDICIAL DETERMINATION IS MADE THAT SUCH DAMAGES WERE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR INTENTIONAL VIOLATION OF LAW.
For UK Residents only: (i) Sponsor shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body, or health caused by Sponsor. (ii) In an event of slight negligence, Sponsor shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation. (iii) In a case according to above clause (ii), Sponsor shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits, non-foreseeable damages and indirect damages. (iv) Liability in accordance with the above clauses (ii) and (iii) shall be limited to the typical and foreseeable damages; however, the liability amount shall not exceed £10,000. (v) The limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents, and vicarious agents of Sponsor. (vi) Any potential liability on the part of Sponsor for any warranties and for claims based on the applicable Consumer Rights Act 2015 shall not be affected.
If any provision of these rules is invalid under the law, rules or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted.
14. Who Won? The winner’s first name/city/state/province/country, will be posted on the Sponsor’s official Twitter page after September 22, 2021.
SPONSOR: Coinbase, Inc., 100 Pine Street, Suite #1250, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA.ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791, USA.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Twitter. Entrants understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address noted above, not Twitter.
©2021 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.