Back To All Jobs
GDAX Head of Compliance
New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
The GDAX Head of Compliance will lead the day-to-day compliance operations for GDAX. This person will manage a cross-functional team and help the Compliance team prepare for critical changes in the market. This person will design, implement, and manage compliance processes that allow the business to scale. The GDAX Head of Compliance will report to the Director of Compliance. The individual will be based in the New York office but should anticipate some travel between our NY and our headquarters in SF.
- Maintain and develop a risk-based approach to a GDAX compliance program including carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of AML/CTF systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and commitments, including meeting deadlines and identifying/escalating issues relating to those obligations
- Collaborate with the Director of Compliance Management, BSA Officer and others to design and implement policies, procedures and processes relating to transaction monitoring, KYC, EDD, and tuning thresholds to optimize investigations, update policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Manage teams, including provide ongoing feedback and training, deliver individual coaching and guidance, create internal and identify external opportunities for team members’ professional development
- Develop and implement controls for highest quality and timeliness of work product and tracking, monitoring and reporting on progress of regular activities and special initiatives, create scalable solutions for optimal effectiveness
- Create and implement plan to promote compliance, strengthen teams, and optimize output
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience (leading complex compliance projects, operating cross-functionally, managing teams)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Prefer ACAMS or other relevant certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field