Terug naar alle vacatures
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company internationally. We are looking for exceptional UK Counsel to help us enhance our legal team in Europe.
The UK Counsel role is based in our London, UK office and will report directly to the VP of Legal in our U.S. headquarters. Working closely with our London-based executive team, business colleagues, and U.S. legal colleagues, you will take a leadership role in advising our EU-area operating entities on a broad range of legal matters, including compliance with applicable financial services laws and regulation, consumer protection law, customer disputes, and strategic initiatives of the business. You will also establish and manage legal policies and procedures, legal operations, and all legal vendor relationships in the EU to ensure that our business receives top-notch legal services and advice as we continue to expand in Europe.
- Work closely with business executives and senior compliance staff to ensure compliance of EU operations with applicable financial services law, regulation, and virtual currency exchange best practices.
- Coordinate all legal support among EU-area operating entities. Includes responsibility for inter-company operating arrangements, commercial relationships, legal vendor relationships, assisting the business in establish frameworks for expansion of products to new jurisdictions with the EU, and coordinating support and advice with the U.S.-based legal team.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory and policy developments involving virtual currency in Europe and assist the company in its advocacy for effective regulation.
- Continuously assess operating risks and legal needs and ensure the UK-based legal department is equipped to provide outstanding services as Coinbase’s European business continues to grow.
- Eight or more years experience advising regulated financial businesses in the UK, particularly including E-Money Institutions. Strong familiarity with the PSD2, 2EMD, and other applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Management experience preferred. You must be prepared to assess a broad scope of risks faced by the business and be able to build the UK legal team as necessary to scale with the business.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism. You must be able to provide crisp and practical legal advice to business executives across a broad range of matters with limited supervision.
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage environment, subject to regulatory scrutiny, operating excellence, and Coinbase’s demanding standards to operate the world’s most-trusted virtual currency exchange.
What to Send
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Solliciteren op deze vacature
* = Verplicht veld