Back To All Jobs
New York, NY
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company internationally. We are looking to hire exceptional counsel to lead legal matters for our digital currency marketplace, GDAX.
The GDAX Counsel role is based in our New York Office and will report directly to the VP of Legal. Working closely with senior GDAX executives in New York and San Francisco, you will take a leadership role in advising the exchange on all legal matters, especially including regulatory strategy and compliance, and you will work with business and senior compliance staff to ensure that GDAX sets the best-in-class standard as a transparent, reliable, and trustworthy marketplace in digital currency and related financial instruments. You will coordinate closely with legal team colleagues in headquarters to coordinate provision of core legal services to GDAX in the U.S. and globally.
- Lead in providing legal advice to GDAX on all strategic initiatives, including regulatory strategy, operating rules and procedures, employee policies and procedures, launch of regulated financial products, and global expansion.
- Manage day-to-day legal advice for GDAX. You will coordinate with colleagues in the legal department and outside vendors, as needed, to ensure outstanding quality, efficiency, and comprehensive scope of all legal advice and legal operating support to the exchange.
- Work closely with business executives and senior compliance staff to ensure compliance of GDAX operations with applicable law, regulation, and best practices of analogous marketplaces in commodities, securities, and/or derivative financial instruments.
- Continuously assess operating risks and legal needs and ensure the legal department is equipped to provide outstanding services as GDAX experiences rapid growth
- Ten or more years experience advising regulated commodities and/or securities exchanges. Strong familiarity with applicable laws, regulation, and marketplace operating norms is important.
- Operational, in-house experience advising on a wide variety of matters before market regulators is preferred, including implementation of operating rules changes or other material business changes, mandatory compliance reporting, and responding to inquiries.
- Management experience preferred. You must be prepared to assess a broad scope of risks faced by the business and be able to build the GDAX legal team as necessary to scale with the business.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism. You must be able to provide crisp and practical legal advice to business executives in a fast-growth, regulated financial services firm with minimal supervision.
What to Send
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field