Back To All Jobs
Software Engineer - Growth
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The growth team is dedicated to accelerating the world’s transition into an open financial system. Our team helps to get 1 billion people to rely on Coinbase to participate in an open financial system before 2023. We are an interdisciplinary team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers who strive to identify opportunities, test hypotheses and deliver delightful experiences.
Projects we work on include:
- Acquisition: Help millions of new users successfully join, learn, and use the product to participate in an open financial system by starting up growth levers like SEO or content marketing.
- Engagement: Help millions of customers succeed on our platform by providing relevant and personalized communication via email, SMS, in-app or push notifications.
- Referrals: Make it easy for our most engaged customers to share their experiences with their friends.
- Infrastructure: Build out the systems - like our experimentation framework - that help us accelerate our development velocity.
- And so many more that you will help us define.
Things we look for:
- You aim to deeply understand our users, focusing on the why behind the why.
- You are data-driven in the decisions you make.
- You strive for big impact, and maintain a relentless focus on delivering real value for our customers.
- You are driven by purpose; staying true to our mission and acting in the best interest of customers always takes priority.
- Articulate a long term vision for growth engineering and infrastructure at Coinbase.
- Define hypotheses, run experiments and draw conclusions from results.
- Build out the systems that help us accelerate our development velocity.
- Help scale the growth engineering organization by playing an active role in recruiting and mentoring engineering talent
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your team members feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’re comfortable working full-stack, and are excited about diving into the frontend, backend or datastore as needed.
- You deliver experimental features with high velocity and code quality that meet the needs of your customers
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed.
- You’re fluent with experimental design and interpretation.
Nice to Haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- You’ve built growth experiments or A/B tests.
- You have expertise in statistical data analysis and can manipulate large data sets.
- You have an entrepreneurial background.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field