Terug naar alle vacatures
Software Engineer - Data Platform
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by creating an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use than any alternative. Those principles guide every decision across the company from design through engineering, from operations through security. One key ingredient for making informed decisions is reliable and timely access to data and that’s where you come in.
You will get the chance to build our next generation data platform and accompanying services. Our data pipelines are growing rapidly, currently moving several terabytes of data from our production databases (Mongo, Postgres, DynamoDB) to our data warehouse (Redshift). We develop the foundational batch and streaming data faucets used by other teams to build machine learning and fraud prevention pipelines, do A/B testing, as well as transform data for analytics and BI purposes.
- ETL pipeline: Maintain and build our next generation Extract Transform Load (ETL) pipeline. Your specific challenge would be to build this for both scale (handle 10x data) and speed (ensure 1 minute or less of lag time).
- Anomaly detection: Build a comprehensive anomaly detection service that allows anybody within the company to easily set up notifications in order to detect process breakage
- Experimentation service: Build a platform that allows product managers to set up statistically sound A/B testing routines with a few clicks. Expose results in dashboards that are easy to use and share.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: positive energy, clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning
- Experience building (data) backend systems at scale with parallel/distributed compute
- Experience building microservices
- Experience with Python and/or Java/Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
- A data-oriented mindset
Preferred (not required):
- Computer Science or related engineering degree
- Deep knowledge of Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka
- Experience with machine learning
What to send
- A resume that describes scalable systems you’ve built
Solliciteren op deze vacature
* = Verplicht veld