Back To All Jobs
Head of Accounting Policy
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 33 countries, Coinbase is the world’s largest retail brokerage and exchange generating $1 billion in revenue for 2017. Global regulatory compliance is essential to ensuring the trust and safety of our world-wide clients in an ever-evolving fiscal environment. As such, we are looking for an experienced compliance professional in the financial technology space who has strong executive experience, a passionate vision and the leadership skills to drive vision into reality.
Coinbase is looking for a Head of Accounting Policy to partnering directly with the CFO, and Chief Accounting Officer drive accounting policy for crypto assets while implementing new FASB standards and accounting guidance.
- Advocate and drive accounting policy for crypto assets
- Track developments from US GAAP accounting standard setters (i.e., FASB, AICPA, etc.)
- Research new accounting guidance and prepare/update accounting memo to document conclusions for the impact of the firm
- Work directly with the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer in assessing the accounting/finance impacts of both internal and external transactions
- Coordinate and help drive the implementation of new FASB standards and other accounting guidance
- For reporting update footnote disclosure for recent accounting developments
- Participate in industry working groups with regard to interpretational issues
- Assist in the maintenance of up to date Accounting Policies documentation
- Draft presentations related to accounting and finance matters to be discussed with senior management and the audit committee
- 5+ years work experience in similar position in the financial services industry or 10+ years work experience as a certified accountant within the banking industry with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate technical data into operational speak and impact analysis for the business
- Strong communication skills – ability to work across region and function. Includes being able to produce technical education and training material and present this across various forums
- Problem solving skills (ability to quickly structure, understand, solve complex issues and provide pragmatic solutions) Ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to team members. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process, to address those
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field