Back To All Jobs
Legal Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company domestically and internationally. We are looking for a supportive and exceptionally talented legal specialist or operations specialist to help support our Legal team with a variety of operational, technical, corporate, intellectual property and commercial matters. As a member of the Legal team, you’ll work closely with corporate, IP, product, litigation and commercial attorneys in their day-to-day support of the business. This is a special opportunity for someone, with a potential for growth.
- Work with the team to simplify, organize and streamline their efforts in support of the business.
- Help select, implement, and improve the Legal team’s use of Slack, Google Drive, DropBox, Trello, and other key business systems, applications and online tools.
- Help innovate the process of obtaining compliance training certifications and acknowledgements from employees, including implementation of necessary online tools.
- Support the administration of the company’s insider trading policies and procedures.
- Work with corporate lawyers to assist with subsidiary management.
- Work with commercial lawyers to handle contracts and catalogue key terms.
- Help us scale by crafting and implementing process improvements, and to help drive our growth and collect new findings.
- Assist with other projects and needs as they arise, such as litigation matters.
- Undergraduate degre.
- 6 years of general work experience with Project Management focus, including 3 years in a program or project leadership role.
- Agile, Lean, Six Sigma or PMI/PMP coursework or certification a plus.
- Law department experience a plus.
- Technologically savvy; curiosity and willingness to tinker around with tools, applications and systems that might benefit the team’s workflows.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thoughtful and well communicated l; strong research and writing skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also exercise good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to project manage and multi-task at an incredible pace.
- Willingness to learn and deploy new skills, such as contract negotiation, as the team grows and expands.
- Strong organization skills, deadline tracking, and attention to detail.
- MBA/MA/JD or Paralegal certification a plus.
- Interest in or basic knowledge in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
- Experience in regulated financial services industry is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field