Back To All Jobs
Senior Growth Engineer - iOS
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The growth team is accelerating the world’s transition to an open financial system. The team is critical to achieving our goal to provide services to 1 billion people before 2023. We are an interdisciplinary team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers who identify opportunities, test hypotheses and deliver delightful experiences.
About our stack: over 80% of our codebase is written in Swift, we have a continuous integration pipeline, and desktop build machines to maximize our team’s productivity.
Projects we work on include:
- Acquisition: Help millions of new users successfully join, learn, and use the product to participate in an open financial system
- Engagement: Help millions of customers succeed on our app by providing relevant and personalized communication via in-app or push notifications
- Referrals: Make it easy for our most engaged customers to share their experiences with their friends
- Infrastructure: Build out the systems that help us accelerate our development velocity
- And many more that you will help us define
Things we look for:
- You strive to deeply understand customers, focusing on the why behind the why
- You make data-driven decisions
- You strive for big impact with a relentless focus on delivering real customer value
- You are driven by purpose; staying true to our mission and acting in the best interest of customers
- Articulate a long term vision for mobile growth engineering and infrastructure at Coinbase
- Define hypotheses, run experiments and draw conclusions from results
- Build out the systems that help us accelerate our development velocity
- Help scale the growth engineering organization by playing an active role in recruiting and mentoring engineering talent
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your team members feel included in every interaction
- You have at least 3 years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment
- You’re familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating in a cross-functional team
- You write high quality code with unit and automated tests
- You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base
- You’re comfortable operating in a dynamic, self-directed environment
- You’re fluent with experimental design and interpretation.
Nice to Haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- You’ve build growth experiments or A/B tests.
- You also know how to, or want to, develop on Android or Ruby on Rails.
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on finance, security, or gaming.
- You have expertise in statistical data analysis and can manipulate large data sets.
- You have an entrepreneurial background.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field