Back To All Jobs
Senior Brand Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase’s vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
As a Senior Brand Marketing Manager, get in on the ground floor to build at a company that’s not just the world’s most trusted way to buy and sell crypto assets, but has ambitions to revolutionize finance and technology. You’ll help set the marketing strategy, initiate and execute marketing campaigns, produce beautiful and impactful creative, all while managing internal and external resources. We’re building a world-class marketing team and want thoughtful, curious, and hardworking teammates.
- Manage brand strategy and brand building. At this early stage in the company, you’ll set the vision and strategy for brand development for Coinbase, iterating on the existing brand and assets, creating a vision and strategy for where we want the brand to go, achieving buy-in, and executing.
- Take our assets and properties to the next level. Coinbase is moving really fast. Crypto is constantly evolving. And we’ve only scratched the surface in terms of what’s possible. You’ll work to continuously push our brand to the next level.
- Complex, cross-functional project management. It takes a village to create and sustain a brand, and it takes a true owner to be able to see a project through from conception to launch. You need to be part-visionary, part-diplomat, part-manager, and part-communicator.
- Manage agencies. Agencies are leverage for us, and infuse new thinking and creativity. But they need to be closely managed in order for the relationships to be effective and cost-conscious.
- Be able to take initiative amidst a chaotic and ambiguous environment.
- Capacity to own your projects end-to-end. This is a fast-paced environment in which employees need to completely own (and initiate) projects, push them to completion, make tough decisions using a combination of data and intuition, and be a CMO for what you work on.
- Passion for creative and storytelling. Brands are stories. And it’ll be your task to bring the story to life through creative, through assets, through video, through the website, and in any and every medium.
- An insanely high quality bar. You care about the details, push hard for great results, and are willing to get into the weeds to ensure excellent results.
- Outstanding project management abilities. You should be comfortable fully owning a piece of work (say launching a new website or a rebrand) from start to finish. You should be details-oriented while also getting the bigger picture. You should take ownership from day one.
- Curiosity and a creative mindset. This is marketing after all. You should bring enthusiasm and new ideas – each and every day. We want to reinvent brand marketing for crypto. This requires a 0-to-1 mentality, not just copying what others have already done.
- 5-10 years of experience working on brand building and creative for fast-paced tech companies.
What to send:
- LinkedIn Profile
- Resume (Optional but preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field