Back To All Jobs
Director of Workplace Operations
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 32 countries, Coinbase is the world’s largest retail brokerage and exchange, trading over $150 billion in cryptocurrency since inception. Our Facilities team is here to ensure our employees have an efficient, effective and productive working environment.
The Director of Global Facilities will spearhead efforts to thoughtfully build and scale our global facilities function. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, and more opening soon, this role will manage the selection, buildout and operations of new offices. This role will directly manage the location leads of our 6 global locations, ensuring that each is equipped to efficiently handle all operations.
- Build a global facilities team responsible for ensuring all Coinbase offices are comfortable, safe, productive, and operationally best in class
- Develop global Facilities Management Strategy, guidelines, standards, success metrics and reporting. Oversee the coordination of real estate acquisition, buildout, space planning, and facilities maintenance
- Ensure all locations reflect our culture and values
- Set facility budgets, including maintenance and repairs. Assist in annual forecasting as well as scoping of special projects
- Partner closely with Physical Security team to ensure space safety and compliance
- Develop and execute strategy for real estate plan
- Manage projects and contracts of onsite third parties or contractors responsible for Sanitation, Electrical, Vending, Health, Security, Utilities.
- Ensure the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- 10+ years of facilities experience with a with a proven track record in leading successful teams
- Experience at a rapidly growing organizations
- Highly analytical -- experience with cost analysis and managing budgets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in an independent and self-directed manner
- Demonstrated use of our values
- Experience in implementing central processes
- Ability to travel to global locations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field