Back To All Jobs
Content Strategist - Product
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 33 countries, Coinbase is the world’s largest retail brokerage and exchange, trading over $50 billion in 2016 alone. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
Design plays a critical part in achieving that mission. Bridging the information gap between this incredibly complex and powerful technology and the typical user is where we can have the most unique impact. This communication is what will enable the industry to grow massively, and gain broad adoption. As the Product Content Strategist, you will create the voice for us to speak to people who use our platform, and to those who are just starting to explore. We cannot usher in an open financial system if we cannot convey our message to the world.
Take the rare chance to join a team that is rapidly expanding, and in a completely new and yet to be defined space - where you will get the chance to shape it. Help us tell our story.
- Establish the Coinbase voice: Focus on making complex and technical topics simple and approachable for all people. Create a verbal style guide, develop and enforce a consistent vocabulary and language system, and define the industry as it changes.
- Product writing: Develop and execute content strategies for products and features including in-product copy, feature naming, and descriptions while maintaining consistency across a global audience.
- Collaboration: In addition to Design, User Research, and PM, partner with cross-functional teams across the company, including Support, Legal, Comms, Marketing, etc.
- Marketing / Consumer Education: Build out educational content in a completely new industry, convey our mission and message authentically and positively.
- Continuous learning: Develop a deep understanding of the products to audit and ensure content consistency and clarity across the company, build subject matter expertise.
- Thought leadership: Promote content strategy internally at the company and externally in the design and blockchain communities.
- Experience writing in-product content for a large consumer audience. Experience with customer education is a plus.
- 5 years of content strategy or equivalent experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Have clear communication, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with urgency, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Bonus: Experience working with fintech or complex systems
- No prior experience in cryptocurrency needed at all
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field