Back To All Jobs
Senior Fullstack Engineer - Asset Management
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase Asset Management team is focused on building the easiest way to invest in a basket of digital assets. As the first engineer on the Asset Management team, you will work directly with the product and leadership team to help design this new product and build it from the ground up. You’ll build products that combine index investment and fund management to deliver a seamless investment experience to our clients. You’ll also work with our infrastructure, security, and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience.
A little about the Coinbase team: we value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. We surround ourselves with people who have a strong sense of ownership and thrive where there is ambiguity.
- Help to design, build, and maintain robust backend services that calculate cryptocurrency index levels in real time
- Help to design, build, and maintain a user interface which enables customers to easily invest in a basket of digital assets
- Work with engineers, product managers, and leadership to help inform the product strategy and roadmap
- Act as technical lead for the team, working with external contractors and vendors to ensure that they meet our architecture, design, code quality, and security requirements
- Help lead our daily stand-ups and ensure that technical and architectural concerns are being tracked
- Actively share knowledge and document your insights to support a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding new team members
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have at least 7 years experience in software engineering
- You have expertise in modern programming languages and distributed systems
- You’ve designed, built, scaled, and maintained production services
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- You value operational excellence and strive to increase customer success
- You are proactive in reaching out to peers and leadership to ensure our initiatives are aligned
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system for the world
Nice to Haves
- You’ve worked with Postgres, MongoDB, Ruby, Rails, Node.js, Go, Java or Kotlin.
- You’ve helped build a new company, business or product from the ground up
- You’ve built systems with financial or security constraints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field