Back To All Jobs
Director of Security - Coinbase Custody
New York, NY
Coinbase stores and secures more digital currency than any company in the world through its brokerage and exchange platforms. Coinbase Custody now leverages our experience in world class digital asset custody security technology to serve institutional customers needing crypto asset custody services.
Given that breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. If you are a financial services veteran looking to lead security innovation and strategy in an emerging, high-stakes, high-intensity environment, we’d like to speak with you about joining our Coinbase Custody leadership team to shape the future of institutional-scale cryptocurrency investment.
- Partner with the Custody Product and Leadership team to ensure Coinbase Custody remains at the forefront of digital asset security.
- Support Coinbase’s institutional and regulatory outreach efforts by providing focused technical and security expertise and engagement.
- Establish a Custody-specific security program and governance model under the global Coinbase security umbrella, balancing establishing Custody-unique capabilities with leveraging existing global capabilities.
- Partner with Custody clients and regulators to create standards around the custody of cryptocurrency and support audit engagements
- Previous security leadership experience
- Experienced with strategic security planning with IT, development teams, and customers
- Clear and empathetic communicator
- Experienced establishing and approving security policies and controls
- Ability to assess and manage privacy risks, policies, and control implementation
- Continuous learner who maintains a current understanding of the the full crypto and financial industry security landscape
- Active professional network in the financial and technical security leadership community
- Experienced in ensuring global compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations
- Experience driving programs necessary to achieve ISO27001, SSAE16/18 SOC2, GDPR, or equivalent certifications
- Security Leadership experience in institutional financial services
- Experience with AWS security
- Experience with digital asset technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field