Calculating capital gains and income for crypto-currencies is not always straightforward, especially when you have trades, spending, income, all from various exchanges, various wallets, in multiple currencies, and for multiple coins. You'll soon see a spreadsheet is not a viable option to keep track of all these cost basis, sale proceeds and gains.
BitcoinTaxes calculates all this for you. Just import your trades, spending and income directly into our website, and we'll crunch the numbers and work out the cost basis, capital gains and income. All that is left for you to do is to fill your 1040 Schedule D with this figures. Filing bitcoin taxes is suddenly not so overwhelming after all.
- Imports trade histories from exchanges:
Coinbase, Bitstamp, BTC-e, Cryptsy, Bitfinex, Bitfloor, CampBX, Kraken, CaVirTex, VirWox, LocalBitcoins, Poloniex, MtGox or CSV
- Import spending from Coinbase, Core Wallets, Blockchain.Info and CSV
- Import income from Coinbase, BitPay, CEX.IO, or CSV
- Import mining income directly from addresses or CSV
- Review and individual addresses and transaction
- Calculate capital gains
- FIFO, LIFO, average costing or specific identification
- Optional like-kind treatment
- Export CSV ready for Schedule D Form 8949, TurboTax and TaxACT
- Fiat currencies: USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, SEK, BRL, SGD, CNY, JPY, CHF, HKD, RUB
- Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and all other alt-coins
- Reports with balances and remaining cost basis